Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring is here - Yippie!!


What a horrible winter we had  in central New Jersey.  Massive streaks of below freezing temps.  Enough snow with enough frequency to be annoying.  We're ALL so ready for warm weather.

Remote Support

I am focusing on remote support going forward.  With my schedule what it is, remote support enables me to serve customers more quickly and at a lower rate than house calls.  My remote support can be done in either of two ways.

First, immediate support.  Immediate support is when you go to my website and click on a specific link.  That link will run a program that enables remote support on a temporary basis.  Once the problem is fixed and I drop the connection, I cannot gain access again unless you run the program again.

For a more permanent solution and with your concurrence, I install a remote support program that runs in the background.  It only allows me remote access when I connect and enter a password.  Some customers prefer this method as it does not require them to be present and it does not require them to do anything on their end.

Both methods supply the same remote control capability.  Some customers prefer the temporary option, others prefer the permanent run in the background option.  I have a permanent option policy with regard to remote control.  That  policy is that I never access a customer's computer without pre-arranging the access.  If you have sensitive information on the computer, I do not access it.  I have no interest in your sensitive information.  I DO have interest in fixing your issues.

I have used remote support successfully for over 5 years.  My customers appreciate that they get their issues resolved in a more timely manner at a reduced rate.

Remote System Monitoring

I am also offering a remote monitoring service.  With the above mentioned concurrence and the permanent Remote Support software installed, I can check on you computer once a month.  This check will be

1. Verifying your Antivirus programs are up to date 
2. Verifying the disk cleanup utility has run.
3. Verifying the disk defragmenter has run.
4. Perform an overall computer health check.

Previously I serviced customer computers as they called me.  This sometimes causes problems in that the customer sometimes waits until they are in deeper trouble to call.  The once a month remote monitoring can hopefully catch problems before they become unmanageable.

As always, you may call or email me if you need to.

Have a great spring and enjoy the warmer weather.

Peace,

Dave










No comments: