Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Setting Up a Windows computer

Just a quick overview on how I set up Windows computers.


Administrative ID


First, I do not set up a "Microsoft id" (for windows 8.X and  10 machines).  I set up the first id as a local id.  This frees the id from any activities associated with the "Microsoft id" concept.  It is important that each user of the machine have their own account and password.  In addition, the Administrative id (typically paadmin) provides another path into the computer for administrative and emergency functions.  I recommend you keep these accounts for future use.  Use the Administrative id only for administrative or emergency functions.  Use your "other" account for every day computing.


For example, if the user's primary id becomes so corrupt as to be unusable, the Administrative ID can be used to set up a completely different account.  That's an easy and quick "save".


Remote Control Software


I usually install two remote control programs for redundancy; Team Viewer, and Logmein (pronounced Log me in).  I have provided instructions in an earlier post along with screenshots regarding how to remove these remote control programs.




More to follow.

Dave


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dude

Slats