Sunday, January 9, 2011

More January

Home Shared Calendar App

I recently did yet another search for a home shared calendar solution.  I have been using a shared calendar add-in for outlook for about the last five years.  It was programmed by a company on Long Island called "pc dot com".  It only worked on outlook 2002.  They never updated it to work with more recent releases of outlook.  I emailed them many times, receiving no answer.  I called them a couple of times and was told the programmer left and they didn't have anybody to update the code.  Believe it or not I think they are STILL in business.  And, now that I have upgraded my home pc's to 64 bit Windows 7 machines, it does not work at all.  It won't install.


So I resumed my search with a renewed vigor to find a FREE acceptable shared calendar solution.  The criteria was that it hand to handle shared calendar entries so my wife and I could make entries and see each other's appointments.  I would then run my outlook 2002 and manually enter appointments and sync with my HTC Touch pro 2 phone.  I did not want to use yahoo or hotmail calendaring because I did not want to make either of those my primary email.  I have yahoo and hotmail id's but I use them for junk mail.  I did not want to subject my phone to hotmail and yahoo mail junk.


I settled on a  home oriented cloud based app called cozi.  See it at http://www.cozi.com/ .  It provides family shared calendar, shopping lists and more.  I only use the family calendar feature.  So far it works great.


I'll see how it works out.


Fiver

I found a site that "markets" your skills for anything you'll do for $ 5.00.  People put "gigs" on the site that must be approved by site administration.  Once approved, any other member may buy the services for $ 5.00.  The site keeps $ 1.00 and the provider then gets $ 4.00.  Works good so far.  The site is http://www.fiverr.com/ .  I decided to put a gig on there for emailing ONE of my landscape digital photos for $ 5.00.  No takers on this one yet but I did get a few takers for writing reviews on websites for $ 5.00.  My site there is
Click here for my Fiver site 

Peace,

Dave

1 comment:

tslats said...

I don't remember you being as handsome as the fiverr photo. Did you touch it up??