Sunday, July 27, 2008

Windows Home Server & More..

I ended up taking the WHS machine back. I could not justify keeping it. I think I need a combination of a "server" and a media machine. And I did not see that in the HP WHS Machine.

Also, I have had some medical things going on lately that prevented me from delving deeper into the home server concept. I did do some work on VPN with mixed results. I tried the Linksys Gigabit wireless N VPN router. It was a disaster. Got two of them and neither one worked. I spent a number of hours on the phone with linksys support and no luck. Returned them and got a refund. I tried using the Windows VPN and it actually worked (but not every time!).

The medical things were cataracts. I had surgery on both eyes and now I can see great! While I had only one eye worked on, I could see how bad my vision had become. But it's all better now, so I can get back into my PC stuff.

All for now. Happy Computing.
Dave

No comments: